- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Frequency response tailored for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Cardioid directional pattern for optimum performance in adverse acoustic environments
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes stand-transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast casing for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
If you want to capture a classic look, you need the gear to match the genre. Nothing completes the style quite like the 55SH Series II, a microphone that has been gripped by legends for decades. Others may imitate, but none can duplicate the form and function standards Shure has held from our first Unidyne mic to our latest.
What is the 55SH Series II best suited to?
The Shure 55SH Series II is suited specifically to vocal applications. Therefore, typically live performance, public address as well as for broadcasting, recording, and sound applications where a stand-mounted microphone with a classic look is desirable.
What type of polar pattern does the 55SH Series II have?
A cardioid (unidirectional) polar pickup pattern is employed to minimize sound pickup from the rear of the microphone. This allows the Model 55SH Series II to be used in close proximity to loudspeakers without creating feedback problems, and it can perform under adverse acoustic conditions where omnidirectional microphones cannot.