Short technical overview of Rycote boom poles which includes a brief demonstration of their disassembly. More about our Boom Pole range at: http://www.rycote.com/products/boom-poles/
Product Code: 185702
5-section Aluminium boom pole with internal cable, extended length of 2.5 Metres
- Extremely robust pole with quick release mechanism
- Easy to clean thanks to unique, patented locking mechanism
Extremely robust and featuring a patented, quick release mechanism, the A5 News Boom Pole is the first choice for professionals. The innovative triple-cam locking system of the pole allows for minimal twisting when locking/unlocking, making it less likely to jam when dirty. The locking system can also be stripped down completely for easy cleaning of the pole.
Designed for especially demanding applications such as television news broadcasting, the A5 News Boom Pole is made of top grade 1.0mm thick aircraft grade aluminium and is also available with an internal coiled cable. Please see Tech Specs tab section for full cable and connector specification
Width: ø 17 mm – ø 29 mm
Length: Collapsed: 0.66 m (2’2″); Extended: 2.50 m (8’2″)
Weight: 780 g
Standard option supplied with straight exit XLR output.
Coiled cable option supplied with:
– Balanced microphone twin with ultra-fine stranded copper cores (50/0.05 mm) and a helical screen
– 400 mm long cable, to allow use with all standard shockmounts & windscreens
– Sheathed in matt-black soft Polyurethane to 3.85 mm diameter
– Neutrik NC3 (XLR-style) connectors with gold finish