- Professional, large-diaphragm, tube condenser microphone for unsurpassed audio quality
- Hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube for exceptional warmth and vintage sound
- Ideal as main and support microphone for studio and live applications
- Cardioid pickup pattern for outstanding sound source separation and feedback rejection
- Pressure-gradient transducer with shock-mounted capsule
- Perfect for vocals and acoustic instruments
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- External power supply with 30 ft. (10 m) multi-core included
- Heavy-duty suspension mount, windscreen and aluminum transport case included
- Ultra-rugged construction with metal die-cast body
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
The Ultimate Recording Mic?
Since the early days of recording, sound engineers have been searching for the best-sounding mics for recording acoustic instruments and the human voice. The resounding choice of professional recordists around the globe has been the tube condenser microphone. Why? Because nothing compares to the sound captured by a good tube condenser microphone — so open, warm and full of character.
But tube mics can wipe out a home-recording budget faster than you can say “phantom power supply.” That’s why we’re so very proud to present our new T-1 and T-47 microphones. These mics exemplify our commitment to quality and value — now anyone who can afford a decent live microphone can have a studio-grade, tube-powered condenser mic for about the same price.
Classic Tube Sound
The sound of tubes is undeniably rich and smooth. At the heart of each of these mics is a hand-selected 12AX7 tube, which has been specifically designed to give these microphones their incredible sonic character. One advantage tube condensers have over their solid-state counterparts is they are not subject to the rapid rise of odd-order harmonics, which the ear perceives as highly unmusical. Even when subjected to high sound pressure levels, the T-1 and T-47 mics react in much the same way the human ear does.
T-1 and T-47 Have a Sensitive Side
Another advantage is that tube mics typically outperform transistor designs when it comes to subtle signal levels, such as environmental ambience. The T-1 and T-47 pick up every nuance of your performance, capturing an openly transparent slice of time and space — with just the right amount of tube warmth. Now you’ll be able to justify that new set of strings for your acoustic guitar (because you’ll hear the difference), and you’ll marvel at the sparkling highlights coming off your wind chimes.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
Both of these mics feature a tight cardioid (heart-shaped) pattern, which reduces the pickup of sound from the sides and rear for improved source isolation. The included custom shock mount fits all standard microphone stands and provides further isolation from external sources of vibration, such as sounds transmitted through floor joists, outside traffic, etc.
Dedicated Power Supply
The included BEHRINGER PSU-T provides the supply voltage for the tube preamplifier and houses a LOW CUT switch that can be used to reduce the low frequency response, if so desired. The included 7-pin multi-core cable supplies power to the mic and routes the audio signal to the XLR socket on the PSU-T.
When it comes to value, BEHRINGER has always been an industry leader. The T-1 and T-47 tube condenser microphones take that legacy to the next level, providing studio-grade quality at incredibly consumer-friendly pricing. These great sounding mics are so affordable, you’ll want one for your main vocals, one for backup vocals, another for the bass rig, and another for…