The Monitor Station V2 from PreSonus is a desktop studio control center that allows you to switch between three sets of studio monitors and three input sources. It also features a built-in headphone amplifier with four 1/4″ headphone outputs, each with dedicated level control. These features make the Monitor Station V2 suitable for a variety of recording, monitoring and mixing applications.
For communicating with the talent, the Monitor Station V2 is equipped with a built-in electret-condenser talkback microphone with input-gain control and talkback button. It has a large main level control knob, dedicated buttons for input and speaker selection, and 8-segment color LED input meters for visual monitoring.
- Inputs and Outputs
- 2x stereo pairs of 1/4″ TRS inputs
- 1x stereo pair of RCA Aux inputs
- 1x stereo S/PDIF coaxial (RCA) digital input (44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz)
- 3x stereo pairs of 1/4″ TRS speaker outputs with level controls
- 1x stereo pair of 1/4″ TRS main outputs
- 1x stereo pair of 1/4″ TRS cue outputs
- 4x 1/4″ TRS stereo headphone outputs
- Large main level control
- 3x individual main source (ST1, ST2, Aux) select switches
- 3x individual speaker select switches
- Cue section with source select (ST1, ST2, Aux) and output-level control
- Aux-S/PDIF select switch
- Aux input level control
- Main mute, Mono, and Dim switches with variable Dim attenuation
- Additional Features
- 8-segment color LED input meters with selectable reference level
- Built-in electret-condenser talkback microphone with input-gain control and talkback button
- Convenient desktop design
Your personal studio is well equipped with a great interface (from PreSonus, of course!) and a CD player with an S/PDIF digital output. Perhaps you also need to listen to audio from a third source, such as a tape deck, or you want to be able to audition two different stereo mixes from the interface. The Monitor Station V2 provides a convenient desktop control center where you can switch between these sources without compromising the sound quality.
Switch between two pairs of balanced ¼” TRS and a third input channel that can be fed from an S/PDIF digital input (44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz), one pair of unbalanced RCA Aux inputs with gain control, and a 1/8” TRS unbalanced input that is summed with the RCA Aux inputs. A button switches between the analog Aux and digital S/PDIF inputs.
The Monitor Station allows each of the stereo inputs (TRS1, TRS2, aux) to be routed to one of two audio paths: Main and Cue. You also can route two separate signals (Main and Cue) to each of the four headphone amplifiers, which we’ll discuss shortly.
For example, send a mix with a click track to the TRS 2 input while sending the main mix to TRS 1; you can then enable the headphone amplifiers to carry either the cue or the main mix. The main audio path always feeds what you will hear in the control room.