The sE8 – small in stature, huge in sound.
Fit for any challenges in the studio or on stage, the sE8 is a brand new high-performance handcrafted small-diaphragm condenser, fresh from the labs at sE.
Its new hand-made capsule implements a sophisticated backplate design that provides a perfectly balanced sound, so it’s never harsh or aggressive – perfect for sources like high-hats and drum overheads.
It’s also one of the quietest small-capsule mics on the planet – and with the highest dynamic range and SPL handling in its class, along with attenuation pads and low-cut filters for superb flexibility, the sE8 is ready for any sounds you’re making, whether in the studio environment or demanding on-stage applications.
HANDCRAFTED TRUE CONDENSER CAPSULE
- gold-sputtered diaphragms ensure maximum reliability
- every capsule is handcrafted and individually tuned in our very own factory
- ultra-precision electrode design optimized for superb linearity and natural sonics
- ultra-thin 3 micron gold-sputtered diaphragm for superior transients
- newly-developed backplate design provides smooth, natural sound & truly consistent off-axis response
- sophisticated acoustic design with precision components
- avoids coloration in demanding applications
THE QUIETEST PENCIL MIC IN ITS CLASS
- sophisticated electronic design provides extremely low noise without the use of integrated circuits
- transformerless design for excellent transparency and clarity
- proven Class-A circuitry ensures a high dynamic range without distortion and brilliant transient response
TWO SWITCHABLE PRE-ATTENUATION PADS
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for brass instruments, snare drums, and more.
TWO SWITCHABLE LOW-CUT FILTERS
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some small-capsule microphones, the sE8’s all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise – and the high-quality finish and gold-plated XLR connector ensures a great look and a loss-free, reliable signal connection for years to come.
The sE8 also comes standard with a newly-designed mic clip that will securely attach it to any mic stand.
As with all of sE’s true condensers, the sE8’s gold-sputtered capsule is handcrafted and hand-tuned by skilled technicians in our own factory. This is highly unusual for mics at this price, and is a great point of pride for us.
Building and tuning a capsule is a subtle, artistic process, and given the scale of the vibrations which they must perceive, this is the most vital element of the mic.