- Dual USB/XLR output allows digital or analog recording
- Highly directional dynamic element and voice isolation technology
- Intuitive touch panel for control over gain, monitoring volume, headphone mix, and mic muting
- Built-in headphone output allows for direct headphone monitoring while recording
- Optimized frequency response for rich and natural vocal reproduction
- Interfaces with the ShurePlus MOTIV Desktop Application for access to audio processing
- App includes the following processing capabilities:
- Auto-Level Mode automatically adjusts gain and compression settings
- Switchable EQ filters to adjust audio tone color
- Options to save custom user presets
- Rugged, all-metal construction for outstanding reliability
- Adjustable integrated yoke for easy positioning on standard 5/8″-27 threaded stands or booms
Inspired by the legendary SM7B, the MV7 is a dynamic microphone with both USB and XLR outputs for use with computers and professional interfaces alike. Connect via USB and explore additional set-up features and Auto Level Mode within our ShurePlus™ MOTIV app, to control your vocal tone, and distance from the microphone. With Auto Level Mode, you can let the microphone do the work for you.
The MV7 is not designed to replace SM7B, here are their key differences:
|Size||smaller, lighter and convenient than the SM7B.||-|
|Software||ShurePlus™ MOTIV app||-|
Voice Isolation Technology
The MV7 – just like its big brother the SM7B – is a dynamic microphone designed to be focused solely on you. The mic’s impressive combination of cartridge, pick-up pattern and shock mount prevents any unwanted background or room noise from ruining your audio. This can be a real gamechanger for anyone recording or streaming in a space with poor acoustics. Finally, no more recording your podcast with a blanket over your head in the middle of a summer heatwave!
Auto Level Mode
Another great feature is the MV7’s Auto Level Mode, which allows users connecting via USB to have the microphone adjust the level of your voice on the fly to ensure a consistent output of your recording or stream. This will save valuable editing time in post-production and keep the volume consistent throughout – it’s like having a virtual engineer by your side!
We’ve also created desktop and mobile versions of the ShurePlus™ MOTIV app that let you access a whole slew of manual settings, including Mic Gain, Mic Mute, EQ, Monitor Mix, Limiter and Compressor. You can even set your own signature tone as Dark, Natural or Bright and save your favorite presets for another day. Get the app for free here.
Up Close and Personal – or Not
Maybe you’re a podcaster who likes to get up close to the microphone. Or are you a streamer who prefers a bit more breathing space? The MV7 can easily be tailored to your mic positioning needs by simply choosing between Near or Far mode.
Of course, with all the cool features for content creators, it’s easy to overlook what a great mic the MV7 is for musicians, too. Singers will love the ability to record vocal tracks in less-than-idea acoustic spaces and self-producers will prize its ability to segue from USB laptop sessions to XLR studio recording.
It’s actually quite hard to fit everything the MV7 offers into one article, but it all comes down to having total control of your sound. Convenient touch panel? Check. Zero-latency headphone monitoring? Check.
It’s that combination of convenience, control and professional-quality audio that make the MV7 ideal for so many content creators and musicians out there. Of course, it won’t replace the legendary SM7B – but it certainly makes a great addition to the family.