- Portable multitrack recorder/mixer and all-in-one 5-in 2-out USB interface, with three Kashmir microphone inputs.
- 24-bit with sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 96 kHz.
- Perfect for field and concert recordists, podcasters, filmmakers, and anyone needing to record audio anytime, anywhere.
- In-unit gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion, phantom power, and ISO mixing.
- Rugged enough for all applications, light enough for bag use and mobile recording. Includes a MX-4AA Battery Sled (batteries not included) and Y-Cable USB-C to 2 USB-A.
- Record to an SD card or stream audio to your computer via USB
- Three ultra-low-noise Kashmir microphone preamps with analog limiters capture high quality audio in the field, on set, or at home, with or without a computer.
- Powerful 300 mW + 300 mW headphone amp allows you to easily hear over loud sounds.
The MixPre-3 is the ideal tool for field recordists, podcasters, and filmmakers. With three crystal-clear Kashmir preamps, you can record three actors, multiple podcasters, or studio-quality audio for video. Even the quietest sound from the field will sound pristine with the Kashmir’s ultra-low noise floor. Get your perfect mix on-location with in-unit gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion and phantom power. Bulletproof internal timecode and multiple methods of synchronizing guarantee that your audio and video will always line up. Plus, extra features like preroll and control surface integration make capturing audio a breeze.
Record anytime, anywhere
The MixPre-3 is rugged, pocket-sized, and lightweight, so you can throw it in a field audio bag or mount it to a tripod or camera. Record internally to a compatible SD card on set or stream your podcast over USB to your computer at home. You can power the MixPre-3 with your computer, wall power, or record in the middle of nowhere with AA or Sony L-mount batteries. The choice is yours.
Need music features?
Buy the Musician Plugin from the Sound Devices online store to add in-unit music recording to your MixPre-3. The Musician Plugin adds built-in features and effects like overdub, reverb, and vocal air. Create Music Projects to lay down backing tracks and use them live or at home for writing or practicing. Capturing your song ideas has never been easier.
What’s in the box:
MX-4AA, a battery sled that holds four AA batteries (batteries not included)
Y-cable USB-C to two USB-A
Quick Start Guide